Aerodynamic Simulation Engineer (m/f/d)
Zeitpunkt der Veröffentlichung: 22.02.2021
Standort: Zeiloch 20, 76646 Bruchsal, Germany
Berufsfeld: Customer Services
Bitte bewerben Sie sich online unter: jobs.smartrecruiters.com/VolocopterGmbH/743999735926387-aerodynamic-simulation-engineer-m-f-d-
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
You are an aerospace engineer and have demonstrated experience in aerodynamic simulations. You are aware of the requirement for multiphysics simulations (aerodynamics, thermodynamics, structural dynamics, acoustics) to capture the complexity of an aircraft and know respective analysis methods. Within a highly motivated multi-disciplinary team you will work closely with aerodynamicists, flight control experts, structural designers, and analysts to provide your simulation experience to assist in the aircraft development process.
- Create and maintain multi-physics simulation models of components and the complete aircraft with a focus on CFD methods
- Prepare, execute, and evaluate simulations with a focus on CFD
- Assist other flight physics disciplines (loads, dynamics, rotors) with CFD simulations
- Establish multiphysics simulation environments
- Assist in defining testing scope (bench, wind tunnel, ground, and flight tests)
- Validate models and tools based on test results
- Develop standardized analysis and reporting tools
- Assist in the certification process of the aircraft
- Assist in and manage partnerships with external partners with a focus on CFD
- Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering degree (MSc.)
- Minimum 4 years experience with aircraft aerodynamics and flight mechanics
- Experience in rotor/aircraft simulations with STAR-CCM+
- Proficient knowledge of data reduction and processing methods
- Proficient with scripting languages (e.g., Python, Linux bash)
- Experience in HPC computing
- A structured way of working and a high sense of accountability
- Fluent English skills (German is a plus)
- Volocopter offers a fast-growing high-tech working environment with a supreme network of investors and partners.
- Working at Volocopter, you will have personal accountability, be able to grow, and have unique learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths.
- Volocopter offers flexible working time, short lines of communication, flat structures, and a great team spirit. Moreover, we offer an attractive salary package.
- Our offices in Bruchsal are offering an inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, comfortable networking areas, a rooftop terrace for evening BBQs and free meals and drinks.
- To build our excellent team we welcome all qualified people regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. Our international team will be happy to give you welcome and help you with your relocation where applicable.
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we stand for inclusion for all. We believe that diversity drives innovation and in building a culture where difference is valued. Come and join us on our journey!