Please APPLY ONLINE at: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/Tipico/743999674555675-big-data-developer
Are you ready to work in a TRUE AGILE environment?
Tipico is the #1 sports betting company in the German speaking area, both online and through our retail network.
Our teams are multicultural, cross-functional and self-organized. At Tipico's technology division we live the agile philosophy.
Our tech journey has taken us to process millions of transactions every day, in a low latency, high volume environment, pushing the sports betting industry boundaries. As we continue to learn and grow, we are passionate about writing clean, maintainable code in scalable systems in the cloud, being active participants in open-source community and being the pioneers of innovation in our sector.
For our headquarter in Malta we are on the hunt for self-driven individuals who want to join us because they like being challenged and love to work in a highly collaborative and agile environment.
The Data Tribe covers several areas and technology aimed at driving Tipico’s data strategy through the whole group. These are covered by sub teams managing their own area, from modern data platform, business intelligence and advance analytics, data Governance & GDPR, Marketing Technology, Data Science / AI and service management (Customer service tooling & Retail Tooling). This is all aimed at supporting the business in the day to day operations while also facilitating data driven decision-making and enhancing customer experience to provide value through data. The Data Team's vision is “DATA AT THE CENTER OF EVERYTHING WE DO” and this is something we live by. The team reports into product and technology under the Head of Data & BI which then supports the organisation's internal customers and external suppliers. This spans from Management, CRM, Acquisition, Finance, Retail, bookmaking, Customer service, Casino, Payments, Legal, digital to Compliance among others
Are you excited about Hadoop based data technologies?
Are you passionate about tech like Spark, Storm, Hive, Pig, Cassandra, Kafka, HBase?
Do you enjoy the challenge of structuring, organising and optimising large amounts of data?
Are you a pragmatic self-motivated team player that understands the business context?
What you will do:
* Work with Hadoop - Kafka, Spark, Storm, Pig, Hbase, HDFS, Hive
* Big Data ETL tools.
* Work with large data sets, real-time streaming applications.
* Continuously improve the performance of the application as well as the data structures.
* Manage the day-to-day running of Realtime Environments
* Stay on top of evolving technology providing efficient design and improvements of the data architecture
* Assure data quality and consistency of produced data applications.
* Owning the Infrastructure of Big Data keeping it up to standard with continuous business needs
What you offer:
* Minimum of a B.S. in computer science or equivalent work experience
* 2+ years’ experience using the Hadoop ecosystem to solve large-scale problems
* Experience in Java, Scala and/or PythonUnix/Linux environment on-premises and in the cloud.
* Experience of AWS big-data cloud ecosystem such as EMR, EC2, Lambda, SNS, Cloud Formation, VPC, AMI
* Knowledge of big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark. HBase, Hive, ETL frameworks
* Experience or knowledge of events streaming pipelines such as Kafka and/or Kinesis
* Experience with large-scale production databases
* Displays initiative, self-motivation, and effective time-management skills
* Familiarity with Agile engineering practices
* Excellent oral and written English communication skills
* Experience with time-series/analytics db's such as Elasticsearch or InfluxDB is an advantage
What we offer
* Agile and multicultural company with flat hierarchies
* Self-organised, self-responsible and entrepreneurial employees
* Competitive salary, Health and Dental Insurance, Performance Bonuses, Subsidised Parking, Sports incentives & Childcare
* Opportunities to develop and grow
* Relocation Assistance
* Office sea-views, social events, healthy treats, kitchen on every floor