Please APPLY ONLINE at: jobs.smartrecruiters.com/Tipico/743999674406725-big-data-developer
Are you ready to work in a TRUE AGILE environment?
Tipico is the #1 sports betting company in the German speaking area, both online and through our retail network.
Our teams are multicultural, cross-functional and self-organized. At Tipico's technology division we live the agile philosophy.
Our tech journey has taken us to process millions of transactions every day, in a low latency, high volume environment, pushing the sports betting industry boundaries. As we continue to learn and grow, we are passionate about writing clean, maintainable code in scalable systems in the cloud, being active participants in open-source community and being the pioneers of innovation in our sector.
For our headquarter in Malta we are on the hunt for self-driven individuals who want to join us because they like being challenged and love to work in a highly collaborative and agile environment.
The Data Tribe covers several areas and technology aimed at driving Tipico’s data strategy through the whole group. These are covered by sub teams managing their own area, from modern data platform, business intelligence and advance analytics, data Governance & GDPR, Marketing Technology, Data Science / AI and service management (Customer service tooling & Retail Tooling). This is all aimed at supporting the business in the day to day operations while also facilitating data driven decision-making and enhancing customer experience to provide value through data. The Data Team's vision is “DATA AT THE CENTER OF EVERYTHING WE DO” and this is something we live by. The team reports into product and technology under the Head of Data & BI which then supports the organisation's internal customers and external suppliers. This spans from Management, CRM, Acquisition, Finance, Retail, bookmaking, Customer service, Casino, Payments, Legal, digital to Compliance among others
Are you excited about Hadoop based data technologies?
Are you passionate about tech like Spark, Storm, Hive, Pig, Cassandra, Kafka, HBase?
Do you enjoy the challenge of structuring, organising and optimising large amounts of data?
Are you a pragmatic self-motivated team player that understands the business context?
What you will do:
* Continuously improve the performance of the application as well as the data structures.
* Linux configuration, deployment, and troubleshooting
* Hardware Load Balancers, Network configuration, Firewalls and troubleshooting
* Manage the day-to-day running of Realtime Environments on AWS infrastructure
* Stay on top of evolving technology providing efficient design and improvements of the data architecture
* Assure data quality and consistency of produced data applications.
* Provide hardware architectural guidance, planning, estimating cluster capacity, and creating roadmaps
* Help us drive our best in class modern data platform
What you offer:
* Minimum of a B.S. in computer science or equivalent work experience
* 2+ years’ experience using the Hadoop ecosystem to solve large-scale problems
* Production experience with: Jenkins, Docker, GIT, Talend BigData technologies (Hadoop, HBase, ElasticSearch, Spark Streaming, Kafka, CDH is a +) any of the above are an asset
* Relational DB / SQL experience (mysql, sql server, oracle etc.. )
* REST, microservices, multi-data center distributed architecture, support and planning
* Knowledge of Java, Scala or Python
* Incident management, reporting, communication, production feedback process
* Security, PK, JWT and related standard methodologies
* Natural influencer, and selfless teammate, willing to help your team achieve great things
* Excellent problem solving skills; proven technical leadership and interpersonal skills
* Methodical and ability to Simplify and Refine
* Continuous learner
What we offer
* Agile and multicultural company with flat hierarchies
* Self-organised, self-responsible and entrepreneurial employees
* Competitive salary, Health and Dental Insurance, Performance Bonuses, Subsidised Parking, Sports incentives & Childcare
* Opportunities to develop and grow
* Relocation Assistance
* Office sea-views, social events, healthy treats, kitchen on every floor