Please APPLY ONLINE at: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/Tipico/743999671456187-corporate-it-infrastructure-engineer-m-f-
Are you ready to work in a TRUE AGILE environment?
Tipico is the #1 sports betting company in the German speaking area, both online and through our retail network.
Our teams are multicultural, cross-functional and self-organized. At Tipico's technology division we live the agile philosophy.
Our tech journey has taken us to process millions of transactions every day, in a low latency, high volume environment, pushing the sports betting industry boundaries. As we continue to learn and grow, we are passionate about writing clean, maintainable code in scalable systems in the cloud, being active participants in open-source community and being the pioneers of innovation in our sector. For our main Technology location in Karlsruhe (Germany) we are on the hunt for self-driven individuals who want to join us because they like being challenged and love to work in a highly collaborative and agile environment.
- Manage networks, firewalls and server infrastructure (both Windows and Linux Based OS), cluster administration (physical/virtual)
- Operate heterogeneous infrastructure environments, e.g. Cisco, Checkpoint, DELL, HP, Microsoft, Red Hat
- Operate Cloud technologies, including Office365, Azure, and AWS
- Manage Active Directory Services, including DNS, DHCP, SSO requests, group policies, encryption, WSUS, etc.
- Go through daily checks to ensure integrity and continuity of the services which Corporate IT provides
- Plan, design, monitor and maintain physical/virtual server and network environments to assure optimal reliability, security and availability
- Implement ITIL compliant workflows and standards, continuous improvement lifecycle, monitoring Infrastructure environment
- Ensure integrity and security, in compliance with internal requirements to meet compliance requests;
- Provide the team with knowledge, best practices, technical advices where necessary
- Provide 3rd line support to the Service Desk team and be an influencer in providing permanent solutions to avoid problems from re-occurring
- Provide documentation updates, designing using tools like Visio, etc.
- You are a detail-oriented, self-driven individual, technical key driver, enabler and motivator for your team.
- You are convinced of industry standards and project planning and you believe in best practices
- You focus on solutions for automation and think both in an innovative and creative way
- You think you can make a difference with your experience and willing to help at all time.
- You have a flexible approach to the working environment, ability to deliver several projects at once and will to provide 24 x 7 support when necessary.
- You want to update, broaden and develop your own knowledge and skills.
YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or an equivalent degree or 5 to 8 years of professional experience in system and network engineering
- Solid knowledge and experience in design, setup, maintenance and troubleshooting of systems and network infrastructure
- Enterprise-level expertise in networking and security relevant protocols/security concepts to ensure integrity of the company’s infrastructure
- Experience in infrastructure monitoring, ITIL processes and automatization workflows
- Basic knowledge of scripting using technologies (ex. PowerShell)
- Capable of translating business requirements into technical requirements
- Project & Time management skills
- Troubleshooting skills, and applying a logical approach to resolution/s
- Knowledge of infrastructure visualization (e.g. VMware, Hyper-V, AWS, Azure) would be desirable
- Vendor Certifications, preferably, Microsoft MCSE, VMware VCP, Cisco CCNA or equivalent would be desirabel
- Very good communication skills in English language
YOUR BENEFITS AT TIPICO
- Start-up feeling in a high-volume business and working in an exciting growth industry
- Trainings (internal/ external) and further qualifications programs
- Sponsored company and team events
- Relocation Support
Get in touch with our Talent Acquisition Team [+49 (0) 721 - 909996 70] if you have any questions.