Please APPLY ONLINE at: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/Tipico/743999674876238-data-governance-analyst
Are you ready to work in a TRUE AGILE environment?
Tipico is the #1 sports betting company in the German speaking area, both online and through our retail network.
Our teams are multicultural, cross-functional and self-organized. At Tipico's technology division we live the agile philosophy.
Our tech journey has taken us to process millions of transactions every day, in a low latency, high volume environment, pushing the sports betting industry boundaries. As we continue to learn and grow, we are passionate about writing clean, maintainable code in scalable systems in the cloud, being active participants in open-source community and being the pioneers of innovation in our sector.
For our headquarter in Malta we are on the hunt for self-driven individuals who want to join us because they like being challenged and love to work in a highly collaborative and agile environment.
The Data Tribe covers several areas and technology aimed at driving Tipico’s data strategy through the whole group. These are covered by sub teams managing their own area, from modern data platform, business intelligence and advance analytics, data Governance & GDPR, Marketing Technology, Data Science / AI and service management (Customer service tooling & Retail Tooling). This is all aimed at supporting the business in the day to day operations while also facilitating data driven decision-making and enhancing customer experience to provide value through data. The Data Team's vision is “DATA AT THE CENTER OF EVERYTHING WE DO” and this is something we live by. The team reports into product and technology under the Head of Data & BI which then supports the organisation's internal customers and external suppliers. This spans from Management, CRM, Acquisition, Finance, Retail, bookmaking, Customer service, Casino, Payments, Legal, digital to Compliance among others.
We are looking for a hard charging, hands on, team player with data experience to oversee and establish an end-to-end governance process for all data and business processes and data domains and to be part of the data governance team to enhance good governance at Tipico. The role requires someone who works well with technical teams and architects across the group.
What you will do:
- Work across the business to identify existing and new data processing activities
- Responsible for the ownerships of Data flows, includes, creating, reviewing, maintaining and auditing data flow diagrams of how data flows logically and physically across the business and when sent to third parties.
- Identify inconsistencies or gaps in existing processes to make them GDPR compliant and work with the business to mitigate these
- Responsible for keeping records of all new requests submitted by the business and following up on actions
- Assist the Data Governance Manger to maintain the records of all processing activity in the Tipico processing register
- Maintaining a data inventory on all the system, tools and suppliers that process data across Tipico Group
- Support the Data Governance Manager in shaping and driving the Data Governance vision and strategy including day to day ad-hoc tasks
- Are you a people’s person? We need someone who loves building strong working relationships with key stakeholders and business areas who process personal data
- Are you passionate about data governance? Your role requires you to be self-driven and enthusiastic about the new General Data protection regulation
- Do you have an eye to pick up details? The role will need you to have strong attention to detail skills, where you can identify gaps, react quickly with the ability to think out of the box and help business mitigate potential data protection risks
- Are you passionate about learning? Being in the BI team you will be in a fast-moving environment where you will be exposed to new project systems and tools every day, be ready to grow and enrich your knowledge and help business build good governance around these projects
YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- 2+ years of experience in data management teams or roles with large complex data eco-systems
- Experience with one of the many enterprise data governance tooling
- Experience with data governance processes such as data lineage, business glossary, data maps
- Experience with GDPR compliance is an asset
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Strong communication skills. Be able to collaborate with business stakeholders as well as other tech and data teams
- Prior experience as a Database architect, DBA, Data modeler or Database developer is preferred. BI experience would be considered an additional asset
- German language would be beneficial
- Agile methodology experience is also an asset
- Experience in designing physical and logical data models
- SQL skills is an asset
What we offer
- Agile and multicultural company with flat hierarchies
- Self-organised, self-responsible and entrepreneurial employees
- Competitive salary, Health and Dental Insurance, Performance Bonuses, Subsidised Parking, Sports incentives & Childcare
- Opportunities to develop and grow
- Relocation Assistance
- Office sea-views, social events, healthy treats, kitchen on every floor