Please APPLY ONLINE at: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/Tipico/743999673391068-product-manager-m-f-
Are you ready to work in a TRUE AGILE environment?
Tipico is the #1 sports betting company in the German speaking area, both online and through our retail network.
Our teams are multicultural, cross-functional and self-organized. At Tipico's technology division we live the agile philosophy.
Our tech journey has taken us to process millions of transactions every day, in a low latency, high volume environment, pushing the sports betting industry boundaries. As we continue to learn and grow, we are passionate about writing clean, maintainable code in scalable systems in the cloud, being active participants in open-source community and being the pioneers of innovation in our sector. For our main Technology location in Karlsruhe (Germany) we are on the hunt for self-driven individuals who want to join us because they like being challenged and love to work in a highly collaborative and agile environment.
As a Product Manager (m/f) with a technical background you will work directly with development teams and lead the implementation of technical backend products related to our customers’ wallet and accounts. You will participate in the teams’ scrum events, help them do their job efficiently understanding the technicalities of backend systems, and deliver our features and products together with them.
You will also work closely with other Product Managers and Architects throughout the organization. Thanks to your background you will support the Product team in technical discussions and planning internally and with other teams helping them guide their priorities according to Scrum methodology and the internal defined product development life-cycle.
- Act as Product Owner (m/f) for two development teams, including backlog management, defining long-term and short-term work priorities of the development teams in an Agile working environment (i.e. daily scrums, sprint planning, grooming, sprint reviews and retrospectives)
- Work with various teams (e.g. technical, commercial, compliance and customer service) to ensure their requirements (functional and non-functional) are collected and prioritised alongside product requirements
- Close collaboration with the Product and Technical leads as well as other Product Managers on overall tribe roadmap and prioritization
- Coordinate release activities, including clear and detailed plans or checklists for testing and roll-out
- Evaluate the quality of on-going project work efforts and ensure production proceeds according to schedule
- Champion technical discussions within the product team and how our initiatives align with target architecture and other technical standards
- You are a team player and will thrive from working in an Agile environment, maintaining flexibility in how you approach tasks
- You display professionalism in how you collaborate with colleagues, locally and internationally
- You have a proactive mindset with a great ability to solve problems
- You embrace feedback and look to continually develop yourself on the job through personal and professional development
- You understand how to balance the importance of getting the job done and having fun in the workplace
YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- University degree in Computer Science or related programs and experience working as (Technical) Product Manager (m/f) with Scrum agile delivery methods at least three years, particularly working with remotely located stakeholders and/or development teams
- Technical background and experience with SOA architectures, OAuth and RESTful API design and development at least at a Product Management level, with the ability to understand and review the team’s implementation.
- Proficiency in English and availability to travel regularly and work abroad from other office locations.
- Proven ability to manage medium-scale projects and coordinate with multiple technical teams and product managers.
- Ability to understand tech trends, see how they impact your roadmap, and how they drive innovation.
- Ability to understand technical challenges and make educated trade-offs with the team.
YOUR BENEFITS AT TIPICO
- Start-up feeling in a high-volume business and working in an exciting growth industry
- Trainings (internal/ external) and further qualifications programs
- Sponsored company and team events
- Our Tipico Technology entity is #1 in Glassdoor for work-life balance in Germany!
Get in touch with our Talent Acquisition Team [+49 (0) 721 - 909996 70] if you have any questions.