Are you ready to work in a TRUE AGILE environment?
Tipico is the #1 sports betting company in the German speaking area, both online and through our retail network.
Our teams are multicultural, cross-functional and self-organized. At Tipico's technology division we live the agile philosophy.
Our tech journey has taken us to process millions of transactions every day, in a low latency, high volume environment, pushing the sports betting industry boundaries. As we continue to learn and grow, we are passionate about writing clean, maintainable code in scalable systems in the cloud, being active participants in open-source community and being the pioneers of innovation in our sector. For our main Technology location in Karlsruhe (Germany) we are on the hunt for self-driven individuals who want to join us because they like being challenged and love to work in a highly collaborative and agile environment.
- Network, firewall and Windows/Linux server cluster administration (physical/virtual)
- Operate heterogeneous infrastructure environments, e.g. Cisco, Checkpoint, DELL, HP, Microsoft, Red Hat
- Planning, design, monitoring and maintenance of physical/virtual server and network environments to assure optimal reliability, security and availability
- Implementation of agile and ITIL compliant workflows and standards, continuous improvement lifecycle
- Ensure integrity and security, realize and evaluate security scans and penetration tests
- Provide the team with knowledge, best practices, technical advices
- You are convinced of agile methodologies/project planning and you believe in best practices
- You focus on solutions for automation and think in both an innovative and creative way
- You see yourself as an technical key driver, enabler and motivator for your team
YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or an equivalent degree and over 8 years of professional experience in system and network administration (e.g. OpenVPN, VMware, OpenStack, AWS, Azure)
- Solid knowledge in setup, maintenance and troubleshooting of systems and network infrastructure
- Enterprise-level expertise in security scans, penetration tests and relevant protocols/security concepts
- Experience in infrastructure monitoring, ITIL processes and automatization workflows
- Knowledge in infrastructure visualization (e.g. Visio) would be desirable
- Good communication skills in English and German language
YOUR BENEFITS AT TIPICO
- Start-up feeling in a high-volume business and working in an exciting growth industry
- Trainings (internal/ external) and further qualifications programs
- Sponsored company and team events
- Relocation Support
Get in touch with our Talent Acquisition Team [+49 (0) 721 - 909996 70] if you have any questions.
Please APPLY ONLINE at: jobs.smartrecruiters.com/Tipico/743999671761032-system-and-network-engineer-m-f-