Thesis AutoML: Automatic Parameter Tuning for the Product Configurator Merlin
Zeitpunkt der Veröffentlichung: 08.04.2021
Teaser: Would you like to combine research and industry in your thesis? Then join our Future Labs team and work on the latest IT trends.
The constraint-based product configurator CAS Merlin has a large and ever increasing set of parameters that have a huge impact on its performance. Setting the proper values for these parameters is very complex and time consuming and yet highly important, especially for large workspaces with complex product structure and many rules. Currently, the parameter tuning is done manually by trial and error. Fortunately, there exist algorithms that can automate this process. The goal of the thesis is to identify such an algorithm for the product configurator Merlin and to implement it.
· Conduct a literature research to find a fitting automatic parameter tuning algorithm for Merlin
· Customize and implement the selected algorithm in Merlin
· Experimentally evaluate the automatically tuned Merlin against Merlin with current/default parameter settings on real-world customer data.
· Summarize the results in your thesis and/or scientific publication(s)
· Ability to read and understand scientific papers
· Next level JAVA coding skillz (so that the programs you write run fast)
· Communicating your ideas clearly and precisely in English
. Working together with others in german is also easy for you
Interested? Then email us your CV and latest transcript of records at email@example.com