- Date: 7th of July 2020
- Time: 8:00 to 20:00 CET
- Location: online
Attending the talks is free; participating in the interactive formats sets you back at most 30 €. Sounds great? Then read on or get your ticket now!
But why even have a conference topic? And what difference does it make? Let us explain.
Remote? Online? Digital!
On the surface, conferences deal in talks and speakers. But ask any frequent conference goer what they like about them and most will mention the community, the hallway track, the chance to meet industry experts, and the discussions with other developers - some may forget to even mention the talks. Accento Digital doesn't ignore that fact, it takes it in stride.
As we see it, the key ingredient to making Accento Digital just as social and serendipitous as physical events is communication. We want you to communicate - with us, with the speakers and panelists, but most importantly with one another. That's why we'll give you plenty of opportunity to communicate:
- talks and ensuing Q&As (obviously)
- dedicated Q&A sessions where subject-matter specialists answer your questions
- ignite talks that present an inspiring idea or a refreshing angle and then open the floor for a discussion that everybody can participate in
- panels where two to four experts rope you into a joined conversation on a hot topic
- three rooms dedicated to general, cross-cutting topics (think "security" or "performance") where everything but the talks take place; they remain open all day long, so conversations never have to end and you can join ongoing discussions and find like-minded developers whenever you want
- a few more rooms for you to hang out in and chat about anything that comes to mind
- short evening events in the weeks leading up to the conference where you and us and a speaker or two hang out a bit to get to know one another
What you can expect?
- Eberhard Wolff: Keynote on Continuous Improvement
- Kevlin Henney: Keynote on Forced Evolution
- Ron Pressler: Project Loom - Fibers on the JVM
- Grace Jansen: Reacting to the Future of Application Architecture
- Colby Fayock: Building Maps with Impact on React and the JAMstack
- Rachel Appel: Build Awesome AF Apps!
More coming soon...
Don't care about all that squishy human touch? No problem: If you're content with thrilling talks by great speakers, you can attend for free. If you think the full digital conference experience is where it's at, you can buy a ticket to participate.
For further information about Accento 2020 and tickets, please visit our website: accento.dev
There is also more information about speakers and their talks available.
Thanks to our partners:
- andrena objects https://www.andrena.de
- DevSpecialsts https://www.dev-specialists.com
- inovex https://www.inovex.de/de/
- JUG Frankfurt https://sites.google.com/site/jugffm/
- JUG Mannheim https://www.majug.de
- JUG Elsass https://www.meetup.com/de-DE/ElsassJUG/